DESTinationRAIL Final Conference held in Zagreb
The DESTinationRAIL project held its final conference at the University of Zagreb on 26/27 April. The event was attended by over 50 people including representatives of infrastructure managers from Germany, UK,Croatia and Slovenia.
The conference was opened by the Vice Dean of the University of Zagreb with the first days keynote speech being delivered by Prof.dr. Andre Doree from the University of Twente on the topic of " The Impact of Public Sector Procurement on Integration and Innovation". Following these speeches the conference moved on to hearing presentations which showed the methods and results of the research in the following areas;
- The use of UAVs to monitor infrastructure by Marijan Car University of Zagreb
- Smart Autonomous wireless sensors by Amir Keynia NGI
- Advanced performance models by Lorcan Connolly RODIS
- Monitoring of slopes by Ken Gavin, GDG.
The second day of the conference started with keynote speeches from Nikolaos Athanasopoulos, Program Manager Shift2Rail with the topic being Shift2Rail and Possible Synergies with the DESTinationRAIL project, which was followed by Simon Abbott, Head of Earthworks for Network Rail, on how Network Rail is managing it's earthworks. Following the opening speeches the conference moved on to hearing presentations covering;
- The Decision Support Tool by,Irina Stipanovic and Zaharah Allah Bukhsh from the University of Twente
- Risk Assessment Model by Natalia Papathanasiou, ETH Zurich
- Whole Life Cycle Model by Vijay Ramadas, TRL, UK
- Novel Treatment Techniques by Stanislav Lenart, ZAG, Ljubljana.
The closing remarks were given by Ken Gavin, the Project Co-ordinator, who thanked the speakers and participants for their contributions. Copies of the presentations can be found below.