DESTinationRAIL 6 monthly meeting 12/13 November 2015, TRL Wokingham
Work Package Leaders, together with members of their teams, met at the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) near Wokingham to review progress with the project. The agenda for the 2 days included meetings of the Exploitation Sub Committee, Executive Board, Work Package Groups. The second day concluded with a plenary session during which presentations on the individual work packages progress and forth coming actions were discussed.
- work on the instrumentation of the Boyne viaduct in Ireland
- the use of drones in Croatia for detecting landslips
- modelling of bridge scour
- inventory of problems facing infrastructure managers
- progress on risk assessment and risk ranking methodologies
- examples of the use of new materials/treatments in transition zones and embankments e.g. high pressure expansion polyurethane resins
- work on traffic flow model based on the collapse of the Malahide viaduct
- raising awareness of the project through magazine articles/presentations/briefings e.g. Shift2Rail, CER, UIC, Railway Days Bucharest.
The next 6 monthly progress meeting will be held in Zagreb in May 2016 following the CETRA conference at Sibenik.
Photos from the meetings at TRL.